Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Weekend in Gaming

Sadly, the Gamma World game that was planned for this weekend did not go off. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to run it before moving at the end of April, but if not, I'm sure I'll have ample opportunity down in Madison.

I did, however, finally get to play in the first session of a Pathfinder RPG campaign that we've been trying to get going for a while now. We are playing in the Lonely Coast setting, published by Raging Swan Press, modified to fit in Brian's home-brewed campaign setting. It was good fun, and I am a little bummed that I will only get to play in it for a short time (our next session is in four weeks).

It also gave me an opportunity to put my copy of the Pathfinder RPG SORD (System Operating Reference Document), published by Myth Merchant Press, to good use. If you're a Pathfinder player or GM, the SORD PF is an extremely useful product, especially for the low price of $3.71 (as of this posting. on Tuesday, March 8, it goes back to the regular price of $4.95 - still a great deal!). Get your own copy here.

I hope to have some time this week to look over the character creation rules for the Fate 3.0 system, as I'd like to find a way to meld the mechanics of that system into the Pathfinder system. I'll post the results here when I work out the details.

The only other game-related occurrence from this weekend is finding a copy of the Batlestar Galactica board game, published by Fantasy Flight Games, for under 12 dollars. It was new and in the shrinkwrap, but there was some damage to the box. Much like Gamma World, I hope to get a chance to play this before I leave Eau Claire, but am sure that I'll have plenty of chances after. If you'd like to know more about the game, check out The Dice Tower's video review.

That's all for now. I might try to get some posts up this week about merging the Fate 3.0 and Pathfinder systems (as I previously mentioned) and maybe called shot rules for D&D 4E.

No comments: